[GRASS5] Fwd: (fink) Gdal package-missing ogr?

Eric Schermer schermer at msu.edu
Wed Sep 10 20:44:43 EDT 2003

Markus,

I sent the below message to Matt Stephenson, the OS X FINK gdal
package maintainer.  I did not test to see if ogr and PROJ4 work, but
I will this weekend once I re-install my fink grass package.  I would
like to be able to import some USGS data I've had sitting on my
computer for a year now but I'm having difficulty even finding enough
description of the files' boundries projections, etc, to be able to
even setup the correct location and region settings in GRASS.  I
think I tried v.in.ogr six months ago and it seems like I did get an
ogr and/or PROJ4 error message, but maybe my DLG files aren't
importable by gdal anyway..

Gdal 1.8.0-2 was updated 8/2/03 so perhaps Matt has already fixed this.

I included instructions I got six months ago on compiling gdal on OS
X, from Aymeric GILLAIZEAU.  If anyone out there has a grass build
that works perfectly on OS X please let me know.

Thank you,

Eric