[GRASS5] Tcl8.4 support?

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 15 03:59:44 EDT 2003

> > But back to Debian with TclTk 8.4 and the bug as reported in
> > http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gis.grass.devel/1883
> >
> > "it does freeze up (0% cpu) at the first instance of "exec"
> > in etc/nviz2.2/scripts/nviz2.2_script, line 78:   (Adding panels
> > section)    set panels [exec cat $index]
> >
> > (I tried placing some exec's further up in the script & they did the
> > same lock-up)"

G: One thing which might make a difference: try adding "-lpthread" to
G: the link command. I've occasionally encountered all sorts of odd
G: behaviour with programs which are linked against libraries which are
G: linked against libpthread (typically libGL), but where the binary
G: itself isn't linked directly against libpthread.

> I'll try tcl8.4 with "-lpthread" next.
>  (added to src.contrib/GMSL/NVIZ2.2/src/Gmakefile  XTRA_LDFLAGS ?)

That works(!)

although I guess it really belongs somewhere else in the build system..?
or is it a bug in the debian build of the tcl8.4 libraries? (as 8.3 works ok)

thanks again,
Hamish