[GRASS5] closing down GRASS cleanly

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Tue Sep 16 03:16:28 EDT 2003

On Tue, Sep 16, 2003 at 06:55:37PM +1200, Hamish wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Currently closing down GRASS leaves open the tcltkgrass menu and all
> monitor windows. Is this wanted? I'd think exiting GRASS should clean up
> all of its children behind it, but there may be good reasons not to..?

Leaving the monitor open is nice for switching to another location.
You just send 'd.erase' then and you can continue to work.
Also nice to keep a map open while working in a different location.

However, closing tcltkgrass menu is a good idea as it
is really useless outside a GRASS session.

[...]

Markus