[GRASS5] Re: r.sun questions

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Mon Sep 22 09:06:47 EDT 2003

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003, Hamish wrote:

> - Latitude min-max:  I'm not sure if the PROJ updates changed this. Are the
> recent speedups caused by it only transforming one position (center of the
> map*) or does it calculate for each cell,

Certainly it still calculates the lat/long for each cell (well if it did
that before). Before it also read the PROJ_INFO file and parsed the
key/value pairs into a PROJ.4 projection definition for every cell;
obviously it only needs to do that once as the projection won't change
over a map. That is where the major speed-up came from.