[GRASS5] [bug #2132] (grass) NVIZ: child killed: segmentation violation

Request Tracker grass-bugs at intevation.de
Thu Sep 25 10:58:47 EDT 2003

this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=2132

Subject: NVIZ: child killed: segmentation violation

Platform: GNU/Linux/i386
grass obtained from: Trento Italy site
grass binary for platform: Downloaded precompiled Binaries
GRASS Version: GRASS 5.7.0-cvs (September 2003)

Hallo,
I would like to get GRASS 5.7 work with NVIZ, but it doesn't. Here the log file, from the Error window:

can not find channel named "couldn't execute "nviz2.2_script": no such file or directory"
can not find channel named "couldn't execute "nviz2.2_script": no such file or directory"
    while executing
"fconfigure $msg -blocking 0"
    invoked from within
".run invoke"
    ("uplevel" body line 1)
    invoked from within
"uplevel #0 [list $w invoke]"
    (procedure "tk::ButtonUp" line 22)
    invoked from within
"tk::ButtonUp .run"
    (command bound to event)

My system is Slackware 9.0 and I'm using Tcl/Tk 8.3 together with 8.4. Other modules such as d.what.* or v.digit are working OK...

There is also the GRASS 5.0.3 on my computer and NVIZ is running there without problems.

Could you help me please?

Thank's a lot

Jachym Cepicky