[GRASS5] PNG driver bug?

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 4 20:13:27 EDT 2004

> > I'm seeing something weird at the edges of images created with the
> > PNG driver, maps aren't clipping to the edges correctly, looks like
> > a bug...
> >
> > see
> >   http://bambi.otago.ac.nz/hamish/grass/png_bounds.html
> >
> > further details at the link.
>
> OK, I've read that, but I'm still not sure what your problem is
> exactly.

example 1:

Top row gets color from d.erase, but d.vect.area part is clipped.
Top right pixel is white.
Second-to-bottom row is the same as the top, including right-most pixel
being white. (examine with with xmag)
Bottom row is all white.

example 2:
  (GRASS_HEIGHT slightly reduced)

Right most column is all white.
Bottom row is correct where d.vect.area has drawn, but white where
d.erase should have drawn. (middle)

Doing a xwd on a XDRIVER monitor of the same dimensions gives a nice
clean image without these artifacts.

thanks,
Hamish