[GRASS5] embedding GRASS display into my app

David Piasecki piasecda at nv.doe.gov
Tue Apr 6 17:15:36 EDT 2004

I want to write an application that uses GRASS as the back end to an
application I plan to write. I need to embed the GRASS display into my
application. I haven't started yet, though C++ would be easiest for me.
If I have to learn Tcl/Tk, that's fine too. From what I understand, I
should be able to modify the XDRIVER in GRASS to handle events in my
application's main window, and I should be able to use TkSteal to
actually embed the graphics display for GRASS into my application's
main window. I'm not exactly clear on how to do all this considering
I'm new to GRASS and Tcl/Tk. I found a paper online saying it has been
done, but I haven't heard of anyone else that's done it, and I haven't
seen any documentation on how to do it. Any help you could provide
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
David