[GRASS5] v.out.ogr, OVERWRITE=YES

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Apr 7 13:18:11 EDT 2004

>>For effective use of OGR, you will need a way of passing user supplied
>>dataset and layer creation options (-dsco and -lco in ogr2ogr).
>>Likewise something similar to the ogr2ogr -update and -append flags
>>would be useful.
>

> I would like to see this kind of option in v.[in|out].ogr for GRASS...
>

>>Format driver specific parameters are only documented in the format
>>web pages.
>>

> Does anybody know if something usefull is on someones TODO-list or is
> there no need for any developer to implement this feature?

Stephan,

I don't think the extensions to v.out.ogr are in anyones todo list.  I
would suggest you file an enhancement request via the GRASS bug system.

Note that v.in.ogr does not need the extra options.  They are really
export issues.

It also wasn't clear if you were asking about the format driver specific
parameter documentation.  I have no intention to document them anywhere
other than the OGR format driver pages.

Best regards,