[GRASS5] KerGIS: first snapshot

Thierry Laronde tlaronde at polynum.com
Wed Apr 14 19:19:21 EDT 2004

Hello,

As promised, we are april the 15th and I have put online a first
snapshot of the KerGIS sources.

These include all the libraries, all the general, all the display, all
the print (postscript) and all the vectors modules.

I will add the raster programs by the end of the month and by the end of
may  all the remaining (sites, imagery and misc) should be there.

Main highlights:
- Everything compile cleanly with the maximum of warnings
- Fixes for standard C and POSIX (not absolute, relative) compliance
	=> I have seen that remain some u_short, u_long in the code. If
	there are problem for that simply add the corresponding defines
- Complete reorganization, cleanings, new directory tree (the best is i
to see it!)
- New xdriver : I have rewritten all the initialization phase; change
some parts of the color management, made some optimizations etc.
- Resurrected features in v.digit:
	. Snap line to line: you can snap a node to a line, that is it
	breaks the line, insert a new node and connect
	. Added debugging commands
	. The zoom command has a `widden the window' option that let you
	see a block representing the whole map and defining the window
	relatively. Quite handy for example when you're lost!

- More standard colors, the 16 defined in ISO 6429

See the file INSTALL for instructions.

This is early alpha work (even if this works quite correctly on my
PCs). This is not intended to be production stuff right now (except for
me ;)

See http://www.kergis.org/ or http://www.kergis.com/ for download.

Hope you will appreciate the work!
--