[GRASS5] Re: MASK in GRASS 5;.7

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Sun Apr 18 20:30:26 EDT 2004

This is a relief.

This is a simple procedure to name (or copy) any raster map to MASK. A
couple of questions.

1. Is this the same kind of binary map as is used in GRASS 5.3? That
is, operations take place in grid squares with a MASK value of 1, while
those with a MASK value of 0 are ignored.

2. Does the name have to be in all caps (i.e., MASK vs. Mask or mask)?

Thanks for the info.

Michael

On Saturday, April 17, 2004, at 09:16 PM, Hamish wrote:

>>> Everything in the r.univar script is implemented except for the
>>> extended stats (but some framework is in place for someone to
>>> continue that) and the base= map option (just use a MASK). Only
>>> minor modification of dependant scripts is needed (but definitely
>>> some).
>>
>> AFAICT, there is no mask function implemented for GRASS 5.7 yet. If
>> I've missed it, please let me know. Thanks.
>

> It's there, it works.
>
> There's no r.mask module though (couldn't tell you why). Just use
> r.mapcalc or g.copy to make a raster map called MASK.
>

> Hamish

C. Michael Barton, Professor
Department of Anthropology
PO Box 872402