[GRASS5] set/create locations and mapsets via command line?

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Thu Apr 22 19:49:39 EDT 2004

David Piasecki wrote:

> I'm trying to change my location and/or mapset via the command line.
> How does one go about doing this. I was looking for a proper command or
> perhaps an environment variable.

This isn't officially supported, but you can usually get away with:

	g.gisenv set=LOCATION_NAME=<new location>
or:
	g.gisenv set=MAPSET=<new mapset>

However, this change won't affect running programs such as tcltkgrass,
NVIZ or display drivers (e.g. XDRIVER). For tcltkgrass or NVIZ, you
have to quit and restart to get them to notice the change. For display
drivers, running d.erase will suffice.