[GRASS5] Tcl/Tk config on Linux??

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Fri Apr 23 02:57:51 EDT 2004

Chris G. Nicholas wrote:

> greetings - I did a fresh CVS checkout of the grass sources, and am
> trying to *just* get past the "configure" script :-(
>
> I downloaded/built the Tck/Tk source packages, "cd unix;
> configure;make; makeinstall" -- no problems. Everything appears to
> have installed just fine in /usr/local .
>
> But I keep getting "Unable to locate Tk includes"... :-(
>
> And the #$%^ing include files are there!!

Look for relevant entries in the config.log file. Something in there
should indicate why the check failed.

Note that header checks don't simply check for the existence of a
named file. They attempt to compile (or, to be precise, preprocess) a
C file which includes that header. If the compilation generates any
output (including warnings), the check fails.