[GRASS5] FWD: OSGIS 2004 and MUM2 - 4 days left for early bird registration

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Mon Apr 26 16:36:09 EDT 2004

 Subject: OSGIS 2004 and MUM2 - 4 days left for early bird registration
 Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 15:51:41 -0400
 From: Daniel Morissette <dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca>
 To: freegis-list at intevation.de,  mitab at yahoogroups.com,
 "gdal-dev at remotesensing.org" <gdal-dev at remotesensing.org>, PostGIS Users
 Discussion <postgis-users at postgis.refractions.net>

 (Sorry for the cross-posting, but I think this may be of interest to
 many of you.)

 For those of you who have not heard yet, the Ottawa MapServer Users
 Group is very busy preparing for Open Source GIS (OSGIS) 2004 and 2nd
 Annual MapServer User Meeting scheduled for June 9-11, 2004 at Carleton
 University, Ottawa, Canada.

 The early bird registration is available only until April 30th (that's
 this Friday), so please register soon. Not only does this save you some
 money, it also helps the committee plan for the numbers that we may
 expect for the big event.

 As you will see on the conference website (http://www.omsug.ca), some
 new additions have now been included:

 - Online Registration is now Available!

 - We have a number of workshops and presenters committed -- take a look
 at the conference program for details
 (http://www.omsug.ca/osgis2004/program.html). This is tentative, but
 should give you an idea of the kinds of presenters and topics that will
 be covered.

 - Our program is not full -- so we're looking to you to give us your
 suggestions on presentations that you are interested in giving. See the
 call for presentations for more details. We also want to hear from you
 about the workshops we have lined up with any suggestions for others you
 may be interested in.

 - Thank you to our initial sponsors - Tydac, GIS Monitor and DM
 Solutions Group. Anyone who is interested in sponsoring and/or
 exhibiting, please contact us. There is also a bonus for early-bird
 sponsors before April 30th.

 Some additional notes:

 The Open Source GIS 2004 component of the Conference will be focussing
 on the open source movement within the GIS community, exposure to the
 many open source technologies in use and development in our community
 such as OpenEV and Grass, and a stream focussed on management issues for
 incorporating Open Source in your organization. I encourage all of you
 to look into participating in this event and help us to get the word out
 to those using these technologies. If you haven't seen a reference to
 this in your area ... please pass the message along!

 Also - the hotel rooms and conference rates are only guaranteed through
 May 9th, so book your accommodations as soon as possible, as we cannot
 provide any guarantees beyond this date. Tourist season in Ottawa starts
 in May/June so booking a hotel late can be tricky.

 We are eager for any feedback or comments you may have so don't hesitate
 to contact the committee directly (info at omsug.ca) or provide feedback
 through the conference website.

 Only 2 months to go! Looking forward to seeing you all soon here in Ottawa!

Daniel (on behalf of the Ottawa MapServer Users Group)
 Daniel Morissette               dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca