[GRASS5] questions for updating tcltkgrass for 5.7

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Tue Aug 3 11:32:26 EDT 2004

On 8/3/04 2:16 AM, "Markus Neteler" <neteler at itc.it> wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 02, 2004 at 01:44:49PM -0700, Michael Barton wrote:
>> 2. All the g3d modules (r3.*) have now been updated to 5.7 is seems.
>> I'll add those that are now lacking in the GUI. I plan to put
>> r3.showdspf under the display menu as it is a display module. However,
>> I have a question about this and NVIZ. I remember that some version
>> (current or yet to come?) of NVIZ was supposed to have support for
>> displaying g3d display files, and there is a mkdspf panel in NVIZ. So,
>> is r3.showdspf obsolete or nearly so? The same for r3.mkdspf?
>

> See
>  http://grass.itc.it/pipermail/grass5/2004-June/014773.html
>
> It's not clear to me if the code is in sync with the current
> nviz.

This what I remembered seeing.

To the list in general:

Has anyone out there tested this? Is the g3d-enabled NVIZ the one that is
now in the CVS? I now have a 22 July build of 5.7. If I get a chance today
or tomorrow, I will try to test this. However, I have to say that I never
got r3.mkdspf and r3.mkdspf to work correctly on my Mac in 5.3.

If r3.showdspf and r3.mkdspf functions are now included within NVIZ, I may
take them off the menu (though this doesn't remove these commands from GRASS
of course).

Michael
Michael Barton, Professor & Curator
School of Human Origins, Cultures, & Societies
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ  85287-2402
USA

voice: 480-965-6262; fax: 480-965-7671