[GRASS5] [bug #2488] (grass) GRASS 5.7 WISH - improve string reading ability in g.parser

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Wed Aug 4 00:41:07 EDT 2004

> From: Hamish <hamish_nospam at yahoo.com>
> Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2004 13:06:08 +1200
> To: Michael Barton <michael.barton at asu.edu>
> Cc: <grass-bugs at intevation.de>, <grass5 at grass.itc.it>
> Subject: Re: [GRASS5] [bug #2488] (grass) GRASS 5.7 WISH - improve string
> reading ability in g.parser
>
> The error is still in  grass51/gui/tcltkgrass/main/gui.tcl  but that is
> in now unused code which should be ripped out???

Hamish,

This is an enormous improvement in usability across all of GRASS in one fell
swoop. Thanks much.

If you know where this is in gui.tcl and want to remove it, go ahead (or
perhaps comment it out until it can be tested). Or if you tell me where it
is, I can do it. I assume you mean in gui.tcl for 5.7.

Michael