[GRASS5] [bug #2578] (grass) d.rgb can't read file created by importing png map with r.in.gdal on cygwin

Request Tracker grass-bugs at intevation.de
Mon Aug 16 17:57:38 EDT 2004

this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=2578

Subject: d.rgb can't read file created  by importing png map with r.in.gdal  on cygwin

Platform: WindowsNT/2000/XP
grass binary for platform: Downloaded precompiled Binaries

d.rgb can't read file created  by importing png map with r.in.gdal  .
r.in.gdal creates the three bands (red, green, blue) from my png file with -o option.
d.rast et d.rgb fails to read the files created.
I am using cygwin. I succeed to display files from the speafish57 samples. I suspect that the file format may be a bad one , maybe with byte order swap....I try to create GRASS raster with GDAL but this format is not supported.