[GRASS5] 5.7: v.in.ogr gui: cannot chose OGR datasource directory by browsing

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Wed Aug 18 12:00:57 EDT 2004

I've noticed this too. AFAICT, only browse buttons for files, rasters, old
vectors, and new vectors have been defined yet. We could use one for
directories and G3D files too.

What I do is select a file in the desired directory, cut the file name, and
paste it into the layer field. A bit klunky, but saves some typing.

Michael

On 8/18/04 2:04 AM, "Moritz Lennert" <mlennert at club.worldonline.be> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> In the gui windows for v.in.ogr, I don't seem to be able to chose a
> directory for the OGR datasource name when using the browse button. It
> seems to be a browse dialogue for opening a file, and finding not a
> directory name.
>
> When I enter the directory manually everything works perfectly fine.
>
> Moritz

Michael Barton, Professor & Curator
School of Human Origins, Cultures, & Societies
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ  85287-2402
USA

voice: 480-965-6262; fax: 480-965-7671