[GRASS5] d.legend and d.out.png

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Mon Aug 23 12:36:21 EDT 2004

On 8/22/04 11:39 PM, "Hamish" <hamish_nospam at yahoo.com> wrote:

>> Except, d.what.vect is partly broken--on Mac's at least.
>
> Bus error directly after first mouse click, correct?
> (Needs to be compiled with debugging info and run though a debugger..)

It gives a "broken pipe" error. Here is the very consistent scenario (with
one exception detailed below).

Run d.what.vect first time. Works great in all ways.

Quit d.what.vect (i.e., right mouse click).

Run d.what.vect second time (and all subsequent times). Works fine in
terminal mode. In default mode (i.e., displaying tcl window), nothing
happens on the first mouse click. On the 2nd mouse click (and all subsequent
clicks), it gives a broken pipe error.

Exception. On a point file I created in GRASS 5.7 from an ascii file (using
v.in.ascii), in a latlon region. The command works fine. It gives an error
for other kinds of vector shapes I created in the same region and mapset.

Michael

> It seems to fail without error (just exits) about 1 in 20 times on
> Linux, but I don't know how to get it to fail consistently.
>

> Hamish

Michael Barton, Professor & Curator
School of Human Diversity and Social Change
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ  85287-2402
USA

voice: 480-965-6262; fax: 480-965-7671