[GRASS5] PNG driver problem

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 23 23:44:06 EDT 2004

> BTW, the latest CVS version of the PNG driver has an option to write
> the image file after each command. This eliminates the need to stop
> and re-start the driver in order to get the image. It also allows you
> to create (binary) PPM images as an alternative to PNG.

What's the advantage of PPM? Less CPU overhead, but less throughput than
TIFF? (so the best solution for display apps where storage space isn't
an issue but CPU is)

Will Tcl output to PNG? It would be nice for the NVIZ image dump menu to
include that so we don't have to run pnmtopng every time.. JPEG?

Winding further off topic, does dumping a max. res PPM work for anyone
on MacOSX from NVIZ? not me, I just get the bits.

Hamish