[GRASS5] GRASS 5.7 binary for Cygwin installation problems

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Sat Aug 28 16:19:03 EDT 2004

One of my windows-using students is back from the field and wanting to
install the new binaries for GRASS 5.7.

He's downloaded them several times and tried to install them without
success, getting the error "The size of the binary package is not correct"

However, if we use a separate untar utility (or tar), it seems to uncompress
and expand fine. He is going to go ahead and install it manually.

Is there perhaps a problem with the shell script? In line 24

TAR_FILE_SIZE=41899191

Thanks
Michael
C. Michael Barton, Professor
School of Human Diversity and Social Change
PO Box 872402
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ  85287-2402
USA