[GRASS5] In need of Trainer on GIS

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed Dec 1 10:24:33 EST 2004

Dear Mr Tan,

thanks for writing us and considering GRASS as GIS solution.
We are very proud of the Free Software GRASS and hope that it will
suit your needs and be a basis for your work.

On Tue, Nov 30, 2004 at 02:38:07PM +0700, Wine Tan wrote:
> We are in critical need of a trainer to conduct such a training
> using a freeware GIS software. While surfing the internet I found
> your site. I understand that you have developed GRASS which is a
> freeware on GIS.

This list has the open development team of people that work
on the GRASS source code. Anyone can subscribe on the list and
start helping us to develop GRASS.

Many of us prefer the term Free Software as it refers to freedom
and "freeware" is ambigious in that respect.
(If you are interested in the background, the following links
might be of interest: http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/free-sw.html )

> Could you refer to us anyone in your team who could conduct the
> training here in the Philippines for 10 days using GRASS? If there
> is anyone in your team who could be available, please send his/her
> name and email address to us including some background information
> of him or her.

There are a number of people and companies that provide (commercial) support
for GRASS and might be the best people you can get for GRASS training.
This is also an option if you do not find people direclty over this list.

I suggest looking at the offers:
http://grass.itc.it/commercial.html#support

Personally I know that "GDF Hannover" does GRASS training on a
frequent basis.

Best Regards,
	Bernhard Reiter
Experts for complex webmapping and GIS software. In business since 1999:
	http://intevation.net/services/gis/webgis.en.html