[GRASS5] 5.7.1

Jaro Hofierka hofierka at geomodel.sk
Fri Dec 3 07:06:48 EST 2004

Radim Blazek wrote:

> 5.7 is used more by normal users than by developers and they want stable
> version in their distributions. If 5.7 is slow with large data sets it
> does not mean that it cannot become stable version. It is ok with me to
> write in announcement that 6.0 is not suitable for making dems from
> datasets > ?00000 points.

I don't think hundreds of thousand points are large datasets. They are
quite common if you do real projects. I routinely work with millions of
points. This must be fixed otherwise many people (including me) will
have to stick to 5.4 for a longer time than previously thought.

Jaro

-=x=-
Skontrolované antivírovým programom NOD32