[GRASS5] [GRASSLIST:5023] Re: R.in.arc in GRASS 5.7 menus

Maciek Sieczka werchowyna at pf.pl
Fri Dec 3 14:28:46 EST 2004

Markus Neteler wrote:

> > Abyway in my a grass57_exp_2004_11_13 it isn't there.
>
> We intend to remove it anyway as r.in.gdal should do the job.
> Please report cases (with data) where r.in.gdal fails to the
> GDAL bugtracker.

Do we know if and when Frank is going to fix that GDAL takes the floating point AI ASCII GRID as an integer if there is more than 1K of null values, ususally represented as "-something", in the beginning of such an FP grid?

Besides - would r.in.gdal recognize if the grid is DCEL or FCELL? Or is there a way to force either like in r.in.arc?

Maciek