[GRASS5] [bug #2776] (grass) d.text when interactive should say where to enter text

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 5 02:25:13 EST 2004

> this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=2776
>
> When we do
> $ d.text
> there is no comment seen in the "wish" window telling us to return to
> the terminal window and enter text.

true.  try  "echo `g.version` | d.text"

from the help page:

"DESCRIPTION
   d.text draws text in the active display frame on the graphics
   monitor. Text can be provided through standard input or redirected
   from a file (using the UNIX redirection mechanism)."

Yes, a text= option like d.text.freetype is missing.
Perhaps change the module's description until that is done?

I've been meaning to do further cleanups & sync'ing between d.text and
d.text.freetype for a while. Also merge in mouse placement from
d.barscale. It's not a high priority for me though.

> P.S., and when we do go there, we see
> bad window path name ".pw.f0.frame.optwin.fra.frame.lab4"

fixed after 5.7.0.

Hamish