[GRASS5] 5.7/6.0: some considerations

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Sun Dec 5 19:47:15 EST 2004

I agree. My hat is off to Markus and Radim for taking the lead in making
GRASS such a high quality piece of software. People are pretty amazed when I
show them what GRASS can do.

There are bugs and some annoying things that could  be better. But I've
extensively used products from ESRI and MapInfo and have run into at least
as many (if not more) bugs, undocumented features/procedures, and annoying
incomprehensible behaviors in these commercial, and EXPENSIVE products as I
have in GRASS. At least on my Mac, GRASS is much more stable (i.e., no
freezes or crashes) than especially ESRI products under Windows. Just my 2
cents worth.

Michael

PO Box 872402
Arizona State University