[GRASS5] [bug #2786] (grass) d.zoomed in and out too much, now can't get back exactly

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Tue Dec 7 01:13:46 EST 2004

Hamish,

As I understand the wish, it is for a more or less automatic way of doing
the following (from your post below):

g.region save=home
d.zoom
g.region home
d.redraw

This only works if you remember to save the region to "home" before zooming.
ArcView and MapInfo both have a 'return to previous zoom' command. I also
would find it handy--though because of the ability of GRASS to save a named
region this function wouldn't be at the top of my wish list.

In GRASS, this would require d.zoom to execute a g.region save=temp_region
each time it resets the region. Then a 'zoom to previous' could call up the
saved temporary region and reset the region accordingly.

Michael

On 12/6/04 3:23 PM, "Hamish" <hamish_nospam at yahoo.com> wrote:

>>> Excellent idea. I happen to forget to save my starting region and
>>> then getting exactly back to it is a pain. If possible - please.
>>
>> Probably a long standing wish, but: Volunteer(s) needed...
>

> ? I'm not sure I fully understand the problem.
>

> restore the default region: (stored in PERMANENT/DEFAULT_WIND)
> g.region -d
> d.redraw
>

> or
> g.region save=home