[GRASS5] [bug #2803] (grass) d.text's at= vs. d.barscale's at=.

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 7 20:45:06 EST 2004

> this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=2803
>
> d.text's at= counts from a different corner than d.barscale's at=.
> Nothing that can be done about it now other than say noting this fact
> on d.barscale's man page, under BUGS.

This is not a bug, it's a feature and an inconsistency among the greater
scheme of GRASS modules.

Sure something can be done about it (for 6.0+).

It is fully documented:

d.barscale --help
   at   The screen coordinates for top-left corner of label
        ([0,0] is top-left of frame)

d.text --help
   at   Screen postion at which text will begin to be drawn
        (percentage, [0,0] is lower left)

also affects d.text.freetype, d.legend, d.frame ....

d.text.freetype is interesting:
  -p   Coordinates are in pixels ([0,0] is top left)
  -n   Coordinates are percentage of frame ([0,0] is bottom left)

& generally the way around I would think logical - pixels use i,j
convention; more abstract "percent of window" uses x,y convention.

Hamish