[GRASS5] [bug #2827] (grass) can zoom but not pan around

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 10 00:34:00 EST 2004

> this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=2827
>
> One can zoom and unzoom, but cannot otherwise move the view around
> with the mouse wheel etc.

'd.zoom -p' will pan (added after 5.7.0)
'd.zoom -f' will zoom and pan

The mouse wheel is hard to get working on all platforms / window
managers and I'm not sure how you would use it anyway.

> P.S. always takes several unzooms to reverse a zoom for me.

tune to suit with the 'd.zoom zoom=' option.
add an "alias" line to ~/.grass.bashrc to make permanent. (?)

QGIS might make you very happy.  http://qgis.sf.net/

> P.S. it's still crazy that d.zoom etc. mouse commands use 100% CPU
> when sitting idle.

we know.

Hamish