[GRASS5] [bug #2834] (grass) database in v.extract

Request Tracker grass-bugs at intevation.de
Fri Dec 10 11:29:55 EST 2004

this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=2834

Subject: database in v.extract

I do:

v.extract

name of input vector: my vector file (it has a database)

name of output vector: a new name

field value: 1 (I don't understand what does it means...)

enter -1 to keep the original category or a desired NEW category value. If new
<> 0, table is not copied: I don't understand very much this sentence but if I
write 0, it seems to copy the database because in the folder of the vector
file, the file dbln have the same link that the original vector file, (a link
to the dbf file), but after when I display the extracted vector file and do a
query with mouse for instance, the konsole gives me the message: WARNING: no
database record

Sorry for my english...

thank you very much

Lourdes