[GRASS5] migration from 5.3 to 5.7

Helena hmitaso at unity.ncsu.edu
Sat Dec 11 21:57:36 EST 2004

While trying to do my work exclusively in 5.7 (and update/cleanup our modules at the same time)
I am running into various problems/questions etc., and I don't want to bother this (or users)
list with them, so apparently a tutorial "how to go from 5.* to 6.0"
would be helpful to minimze irrelevant bug reports, complaints about missing commands etc.
.
I found that Markus is already working on it in WIKI
http://grass.gdf-hannover.de/twiki/bin/view/GRASS/GrassSixTutorial
- it took me some time to find it so it may be useful to include links to this document in
http://grass.itc.it/grass57/index.html
http://grass.itc.it/grass57/manuals/html57_user/index.html
http://grass.itc.it/grass57/tutorial/index.html
and any other place where people may go to look for it?
If it is OK, I can add the links.

Also, it would be extremely useful to have a table that will show which commands
were replaced by which, e.g.
   5.*            6.0         comments
g.projinfo    g.proj -p      merge of g.setproj and g.projinfo
s.surf.rst    v.surf.rst     merge of s.surf.rst and v.surf.rst, works now both for contours and point data

unless there is such table already. The best place would be probably in the GrassSixTutorial,
right after getting started - Markus, if you can set such table up, I will add as much as I will
find and I am sure others will be able to help too.

Helena