[GRASS5] Turn off line color in d.m

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Sun Dec 12 13:30:46 EST 2004

Markus

Thanks for clarifying this. I haven't used this feature but think it is a
nice touch. Now that I know what this means, does anyone mind if I change
the reference in the GIS Manager vector panel from "SQL color" to something
along the lines of:

"use GRASSRGB column for fill color"

I will need to rearrange the vector panel in the GIS Manager a bit to do
this. But I already have an idea on how to  do this that would be sensible.

Michael

On 12/12/04 7:31 AM, "Markus Neteler" <neteler at itc.it> wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 11, 2004 at 11:18:13AM -0700, Michael Barton wrote:
>> It turned out to be pretty easy to add an option to set line color to none
>> in the GIS Manager. Here is the file to do it if anyone wants to try it out.
>> (it goes into $GISBASE/etc/dm in a binary distribution, replacing the
>> existing vector.tcl--Back it up before replacing). I can commit it on Monday
>> unless someone else wants to do it over the weekend.
>>
>> BTW, what is "SQL color"?
>
> It's the way to use colors stored in the atribute table.
> Please see
>  http://grass.itc.it/grass57/manuals/html57_user/d.vect.html
>  -> GRASSRGB
>
> Suggestions to extend the d.vect manual page are welcome,
> and/or the d.m manual page. Preferably write to CVS directly.
>
> Markus

PO Box 872402
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ  85287-2402