[GRASS5] Turn off line color in d.m

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Sun Dec 12 16:39:49 EST 2004

Michael,
(cc to grass5 as others might be interested as well)

On Sun, December 12, 2004 22:11, Michael Barton said:
> Moritz,
>
> The printing feature I understand. But I still don't understand the 'display
> constraints' after reading the d.vect html page. What goes in those minreg
> and maxreg fields and what do they do?

If any of rows or cols (from g.region -p) is outside of the range defined by
minreg and maxreg, the layer will not be displayed. This allows you to define
layers that are only visible at a certain region size (i.e. at a certain zoom
state). This can be useful if you have layers which you want display only at a
certain region extent.

For example, if you have a map of world countries, one of Europe and one of
Luxembourg (each defining several different features), you could decide that
once you have zoomed into the European continent, it doesn't make sense
anymore to display the world map, and once you have zoomed into Luxembourg,
you don't want to be distracted by European-wide features anymore. With the
minreg maxreg settings you don't have to disable the layer manually, GRASS
does it for you automatically.

Moritz