[GRASS5] Some questions about joining GRASS development

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Mon Dec 13 05:29:53 EST 2004

On Mon, Dec 13, 2004 at 10:02:31AM +0100, Radim Blazek wrote:
> Benjamin Ducke wrote:
> >Hi there,
> >Here are some questions I need answered to make some more progress:
> >c) If I execute "make" in my module's subdir, the binary gets copied into
> >my source tree.
> >I would rather have it copied right into the system-wide installation dir
> >in /usr/local.
> >Is there a simple way to do it with the local Makefile rather than having
> >to call
> >"make inst" from the top level?
>
> I dont think so.

Yes, it's possible (see INSTALL file):

"COMPILING INDIVIDUAL MODULES - OWN MODULES

 Compiling own GRASS 5.7 modules or modified modules:
 Simply run "make" in the appropriate directory
 and then install with "INST_NOW=y make".
 It is not necessary to install the full distribution.
 You may want to make an alias: alias gmake='INST_NOW=y make'
"

Markus