[GRASS5] 4 more questions about d.vect for improving GIS Manager

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Mon Dec 13 09:56:06 EST 2004

Radim,

While I was confused about the function of these options, all are in the
tcltk code for the vector display panel in the d.m. All but the -e flag are
in d.vect.

Moritz filled me in on print width and I've gone ahead and added the -c
flag. It looks to me that the -e flag is a mistake. This leaves the -x flag.
I'm not sure it's helpful in the d.m. But I'd like to see if anyone
agrees/disagrees.

Cheers
Michael

On 12/13/04 1:47 AM, "Radim Blazek" <blazek at itc.it> wrote:

> Michael Barton wrote:
>> There are 4 more questions I have about the vector panel in the GIS Manager
>> so that I can update it.
>>
>> There are 2 checkboxes labeled "print query output as text in terminal" and
>> "edit attributes"
>>
>> The first call the -x flag which, according to the docs (and d.vect) is
>> "Don't add to list of vectors and commands in monitor". The latter *sounds*
>> like it is keeping the d.vect results out of the list that d.redraw checks.
>> Is this what it is doing? If not, what IS it doing. I have yet to see the
>> query output printed as text in the terminal. This does not seem to be a
>> correct description of the flag. Is it worth keeping in the GIS Manager
>> version of d.vect?
>>
>> The second calls a -e flag. There is no such flag listed in the docs. Is
>> this a holdover from an earlier version? Should I get rid of it?
>>
>> As I thought I understood it, the print width setting only works with
>> ps.map. But perhaps it is called if you use the print dialog in the GIS
>> Manager? I guess the question is does this setting actually do anything from
>> within the GIS Manager or is it something that people will only be able to
>> use via ps.map?
>>
>> Finally, an option that is NOT in the GIS Manager vector panel is the -c
>> flag. This fills areas with random colors based on the cat field. I thought
>> I'd add this if there is interest.
>>
>> Thanks for your help.
>> Michael
>
> You are mixing d.vect and d.what.vect, I guess.
>
> Radim

School of Human, Evolution and Social Change
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ  85287-2402
USA

voice: 480-965-6262; fax: 480-965-7671