[GRASS5] 4 more questions about d.vect for improving GIS Manager

Radim Blazek blazek at itc.it
Tue Dec 14 03:25:04 EST 2004

Sorry, I dont understand, see my comments

Moritz Lennert wrote:
> On Mon, December 13, 2004 15:56, Michael Barton said:
>>While I was confused about the function of these options, all are in the
>>tcltk code for the vector display panel in the d.m. All but the -e flag are
>>in d.vect.
>>
>>Moritz filled me in on print width and I've gone ahead and added the -c
>>flag. It looks to me that the -e flag is a mistake. This leaves the -x flag.
>>I'm not sure it's helpful in the d.m. But I'd like to see if anyone
>>agrees/disagrees.
>
> I agree with you. I would just confuse users. And those that want to use it
> are probably more of the command line type anyhow.

Yes.

That is true for d.vect, but it is used for d.what.vect, without this
checkbox and option nobody can use GUI form.

Yes, it must be there at least until GUI form works on all platforms. In
GIS manager there is 'vector layer' which is using d.vect and
d.what.vect, it is not just d.vect.

d.what.vect :
-e   Open form in edit mode.

Also this option is important.

Of course it does. PS maps generated from GIS Manager use this parameter.

Radim