[GRASS5] [bug #2847] (grass) g.region and d.what.vect fails on WIND file created by v.in.ogr

Request Tracker grass-bugs at intevation.de
Wed Dec 15 09:07:23 EST 2004

this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=2847

Subject: g.region and d.what.vect fails on WIND file created by v.in.ogr

Platform: GNU/Linux/i386
grass obtained from: CVS
grass binary for platform: Compiled from Sources
GRASS Version: cvs20041215

I imported a shapefile with v.in.ogr, automatically creating a new location. When I enter this new location, the map displays without any problems, but when I type g.region -p I get the following error message:

ERROR: region for current mapset is invalid
       line 15: <depths: 0>
       run "g.region"

I get the same error when I try d.what.vect.

I suppose that this is due to the new WIND3 files ?

Moritz