[GRASS5] Some questions about joining GRASS development

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Thu Dec 16 06:48:24 EST 2004

On Thu, December 16, 2004 10:43, Radim Blazek said:
> For QGIS+GRASS on Win there are 2 options:
> 1) GPL X11 version of QT 3 was ported to win32:
>       http://kde-cygwin.sourceforge.net/qt3-win32/screenshots.php
>       http://kde-cygwin.sourceforge.net/qt3-win32/qt3-win32/roadmap.php
>     It seems that the QPrinter is the only missing class which is
>     important for QGIS.

This requires cygwin, or ?

> 2) Do not link with GRASS library. Data can be read via GDAL.
>     GUI for modules does not need to be linked with the GRASS library.
>     The only problem is digitizing.

I don't think the real problem is the linking issue (polluting the GPL), but
it is QGIS itself. What happens if the developer who has a commercial license
now, goes away ? No one can compile QGIS on MS Windows unless they have a
commercial license or they use cygwin...

Moritz