[GRASS5] reorder points so that little one are in front of big ones in d.vect.chart

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Thu Dec 16 13:25:24 EST 2004

Hello,

Trying to finish the map on survey responses per country, I have the following
problem:

I use a vector point file with the centroids of the countries. I have a
columns "respondents" in the accompanying dbf file. I display them as
proportionate circles using d.vect.chart's 'sizecol' option.

However, some of the smaller circles are covered by some of the larger ones.
Sorting the dbf file won't make a difference since it is the order of the
points in the vector file which is important. So, how can I sort the vector
file (or create a new one) in order to have them in the order of size of one
attribute column ?

Moritz