[GRASS5] [bug #2853] (grass) Adding menu entries to old versions (was: r.watershed is missing a GUI)

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Sat Dec 18 13:04:00 EST 2004

Yea, r.watershed was ported a bit before the November 13 version you are
using. I added it to the GUI shortly after that and it has been in the GUI
since late November. I can't go back and put it into old versions however.

But YOU can easily add it to your own copy of GRASS if you don't want to
update to a current GRASS version. Just modify $GISBASE/etc/dm/menu.tcl
using a text editor that saves with unix linefeeds. Make sure you make a
backup copy of menu.tcl first. Then you can copy the lines from an existing
menu entry (look at the structure carefully and it will be pretty obvious),
substitute r.watershed for the module to be run (use the execute statement
rather than the term, run, or spawn statement unless you understand how
those other procedures work), save, and restart d.m

Michael

On 12/17/04 3:31 PM, "Request Tracker" <grass-bugs at intevation.de> wrote:

> this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=2853
>
> Subject: r.watershed is missing a GUI
>
> Platform: GNU/Linux/i386
> grass obtained from: Mirror of Trento site
> grass binary for platform: Compiled from Sources
> GRASS Version: grass57_exp_2004_11_13
>
> r.watershed is missing a GUI entry in the Raster->Hydrologic modelling

PO Box 872402
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ  85287-2402
USA