[GRASS5] r.in.aster script

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Mon Dec 20 18:27:41 EST 2004

I went ahead and committed my r.in.aster script to the cvs (along with html
manual page). I and others have been using it for nearly 6 months and it is
very handy. It reads, georeferences, and imports into the current location
and mapset Terra ASTER imagery (level 1A and level 1B) and relative DEM
products. I didn¹t put it into the menu hierarchy because it requires gdal
compiled with hdf in order to work (documented in the man page), and this is
not a standard GRASS requirement. However, many people may have this setup
and will be able to benefit from the script.

Michael
School of Human, Evolution and Social Change
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ  85287-2402
USA

voice: 480-965-6262; fax: 480-965-7671