[GRASS5] installation problem

Antoine BELGODERE rasko at club-internet.fr
Mon Dec 27 20:02:17 EST 2004

Hello,

I would like to be a new user of Grass 5.7, but something is still bugging.
I tried to install Grass under Windows XP, and I think I did.
But when I wanted to run it, the message :
This application has failed to start because libX11.dll was not found
appeared.
I know it is because I didn't download XFree86. So, I did, and installed it. Something new happens when I type "startx". On the window where I types it, several lines indicate "Could not init font path element /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/..., removing from list !"
And on the new window that appears, I type "grass57", and there, 2 problems :
first, the program searchs for web browser, and doesn't find it (I only have IE)
Second, a message indicates : "cannot create /tmp/grass57(...) :directory nonexistant"

Is there any solution ?
Please, if you understand my problem, could you be precise, because I am a very very bad informatician, who must be told every thing step by step.

Thank you.
Antoine Belgodere