[GRASS5] What's holding 5.3.0 release?

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Tue Feb 3 16:01:53 EST 2004

On Tue, 3 Feb 2004, Markus Neteler wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 31, 2004 at 02:28:18PM +0100, Markus Neteler wrote:

> > > It is quite useful sometimes though. I added a flag to disable it if
> > > necessary; is this not sufficient?
> > >

> > Would you mind to update 5.7 as well?
>
> OK, have done it: made d.what.vect flashing optional in 5.7.

Well OK but I didn't go ahead with that because Glynn was doubting whether
a flag to disable it was a good idea. But there's no question that it's
better than when it flashed unconditionally I suppose. I was actually
starting to think we could get rid of it until somebody has the time to
implement a more elegant solution instead of redrawing the whole display.
But I have no idea if that would be hard to do or not. Maybe we can just
leave it now.