[GRASS5] [5.7] d.redraw

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 3 17:57:11 EST 2004

> > Why does d.redraw even need a GUI?
>
> It doesn't. I have disabled g.parser support (i.e. GUI) now.

thanks..

> > Another nit-pick:
> > Clicking on [Help] should open a new browser/tab, not open the help
> > page over the existing page..
> > mozilla -remote "openURL ($URL, new-tab)"
..
> At least with
> echo $GRASS_HTML_BROWSER
> konqueror
>
> this works fine (always new window). It may depend on the browser.

looking further,
GRASS 5.0/5.3's gui.tcl uses something like,
   "$NETSCAPE -remote openURL\($url,new-window,$html(raise)\)"

GRASS 5.7's lib/gis/parser.c uses something like,
   "$GRASS_HTML_BROWSER $URL"

So for once it wasn't just my imagination.

Perhaps the $GRASS_HTML_BROWSER code should be backported from 5.7's
lib/init/init.sh to 5.3, to make the HTML help in 5.3 work for
non-mozilla derivatives. This would also move us closer to being able to
use MacOSX/Aqua's native TclTk ..

Hamish