[GRASS5] Re: [GRASSLIST:2717] How to get topology of area edges

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 23 17:33:28 EST 2004

>     I'm attempting to read GRASS's ascii vector output into a graphics
> display program that I'm writing...  I produce this output (with
> v.out.ascii) from a valid GRASS vector layer containing area polygons.
> What appears in the resulting data file is a line that denote an area
> and a number of points followed by these points... i.e.
>
> A 4
> easting northing
> easting northing

note that should read

A 4
 northing easting
 northing easting
 northing easting
 northing easting

as long as the file format (and vectors in general) is changing for 5.7,
is it too confusing to switch to x,y? maybe with an added header line
"FORMAT: X,Y" or something? Now would be the time if we are ever going
to fix that...

Hamish