spam filter tuning - was: Re: [GRASS5] [bug #2276] (grass) Re: HPZDTWZ, opposed her wish

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Mon Jan 5 08:20:41 EST 2004

On Mon, Jan 05, 2004 at 10:11:49AM +0100, Request Tracker wrote:
> this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=2276
>
> ----ALT--MPTY52048745045146
>
> nashua wean effusion impassive madagascar robe lesion
> dunk cyclist barlow demijohn assign harmonica
> archery digital inquire enlargeable koch hillbilly eisner picnic idiomatic
[...]
Hi,

any suggestions how to deal with this type of spam (which contains
a set of random english words)?
Since the Request Tracker spam software fails, I am willing to apply
"bogofilter" to grass5. I am using "bogofilter" successfully for my
emails, but would have to tune it as well for above sort of spam.
With standard settings it suggests 50% spam probability on above
type of spam.

Hints welcome (even off-list is this is off-topic).
Maybe there is a bogofilter expert around.

Thanks
 Markus