[GRASS5] Spamfilter added for RT Bugtracker mails

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Mon Jan 12 08:40:38 EST 2004

On Mon, Jan 12, 2004 at 02:29:13PM +0100, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 12, 2004 at 11:17:27AM +0100, Markus Neteler wrote:
> > >
> > > Note that we already have a spam filter running
> > > here at Intevation before we accept entries in the bugtracker.
> > > We are running spamassasin.
> > > It also contains a bayesian spam filter component
> > > in additions to other methods.
> > > As you can see there is no total protection.
> > > However we tuned it to minimise false positives.
> >
> > Maybe that's the problem - it's not catching some obvious
> > mails. Note that I have additionally implemented some 60
> > rules in procmail to catch further spams (including some
> > missed from RT spamassasin).
>
> Oh nice.
> I didn't know that you were putting so much effort into the tuning.  :)

Well, it's better than deleting thousands of messages manually
from the mailman queue...

> > Started in August 2002, these procmail rules have been catching
> > more than 2700 spams. A major help for me as I didn't had to
> > eliminate them from mailman's admin tool (otherwise mailman
> > would catch them except for RT mails).
>
> I've implemented something similiar for the FFII and its mailman
> 2.0.x installation. Hold spam message will automatically be removed.
> 2.1.4 versions might be able to do this themselfs.

Sounds good - but as a more recent Mailman version needs python 2.x
this would require a complete reinstallation of 'grass.itc.it'.
I hesitate to reinstall it (kernel is updated if needed of course).
Never touch ...

Markus