[GRASS5] d.text.freetype enhancement

William K woklist at charter.net
Fri Jan 16 10:40:37 EST 2004

Hamish -

There is a dev version of freetype 2.1.8 that's been out a while (it's
pretty stable as far as I can tell).  Debian might be using that now
(tho I couldn't say, since I'm on a Mac).  This is a documented change
in the whole freetype setup as of v2.1.6.  I also had to 'fix' the
d.text.freetype build after installing the new freetype.  You probably
need to add a conditional thingy in the configure script and
d.text.freetype source to catch this.

On Jan 15, 2004, at 9:51 PM, Hamish wrote:

> b) figure out why the new Debian freetype2 library requires
>  #include <ft2build.h>"
>  #include FT_FREETYPE_H"
> instead of
>  #include <freetype/freetype.h>
>
> (see ft2build.h header comments)
>
> not sure how this affects older systems so I'm leaving it as-is.

-----
William Kyngesburye <kyngchaos at charter.net>
http://webpages.charter.net/kyngchaos/

"Those people who most want to rule people are, ipso-facto, those least
suited to do it."

- A rule of the universe, from the HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy