[GRASS5] V.SUPPORT vs V.DIGIT??

Flavio flias at ecosconsult.com.br
Tue Jan 20 11:48:56 EST 2004

Hi All,

I have couple of questions about V.SUPPORT vs V.DIGIT. As we know after we
break a line, we will lose the labels around the line being brooken. However,
I have found a patch (sorry, don't know who wrote it) which solves the
problem about keeping the labels of the areas. The problem is, for instance,
if I decided to change the label of the area been divided, grass will tell me
that the area has no label (eventhough I can see the label on the map ). So
what I have to do is to quit V.DIGIT, run V.SUPPORT re-open V.DIGIT and then
use the Un-Label area function.
Problem(1): In order to solve the problem of having quit V.DIGIT and run
V.SUPPORT after a line breaking, I have added the following code line:

               sprintf(buffer, _("v.support map='%s' option=build"),map);
               system(buffer);

right after a line is broken. However, is not working properly (topology is
not built) eventhough I quit V.DIGIT and re-open it, I'm still unable to
change or delete label (get message "Area not labeled").
Questions
1)Why runing V.SUPPORT from inside V.DIGIT doesn't work? Is that because
V.DIGIT locks "dig_plus"?
2) Is there a way to by-pass that?

Thanks a lot

Flavio