[GRASS5] GRASS57: debian package build : dead symbolic links to 5.3 sources

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Thu Jan 29 08:31:46 EST 2004

On Thu, Jan 29, 2004 at 02:18:03PM +0100, Moritz Lennert wrote:
> Markus Neteler said:
> >>
> >> I solved the problem by replacing the relative path for
> >>
> >> #path to GRASS 5.3 source code
> >> GRASS53SRC=
> >>
> >> to an absolute path.
> >
> > Ah, now I understand: Maybe it depends in which directory you
> > launch 'dpkg-buildpackage'
> > ?
>
> I thought that you always have to launch it in the directory in which
> there is a debian/ subdirectory ?

Yes, at least that is what I was doing (and it worked).

> > Do you think I should change it to an absolute path?
>
> The absolute path will be different for everyone, so I don't know how this
> could be done without manual intervention. Maybe a hint in a README.Debian
> would be better ?

Someone else (debian developer) recommended
 mkdir /usr/src/grass/
 cd /usr/src/grass/

to me. This path is now hardcoded in debian/rules.

If following the instructions, it should be fine now.

[Yes, it's not convenient, yes, code should be merged (but not downgraded)].

Markus