[GRASS5] What's holding 5.3.0 release?

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Sat Jan 31 08:14:59 EST 2004

On Fri, Jan 30, 2004 at 04:29:21PM -0500, John Gillette wrote:
> > The last month I received several comments telling that the current
> > situation of GRASS development for new programmers is confusing.
>
> In fairness to you, Markus, I think the discussions on this list made
> it clear what the plan is and what the differences between the versions
> are.

Well, the differences between 5.0-5.3-5.7 are quite clear to me.
In fact I was posting comments from other potential developers.
What the plan is, is fairly undefined in terms of time.

What we need, is a list of items, or, preferred, a voting system
to get out releases more frequently.

My experience to get out 5.0.3 was not very satisfying (see ML archive).

But of course just my 0.3 Euro

 Markus